Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Kopperston, West Virginia? Contact your local utility company.
OCEANA, WV (WVNS)– One local business is giving back to the schools in Wyoming County. EZ Stop stores held its annual kickoff event for Wyoming East and Westside football teams at their Oceana location. The event is held the week before the rivalry game between the two schools. Kids could win prizes from T-shirts all […]
OCEANA, WV (WVNS) — One town in our area has taken over a nearby Public Service District and is looking to expand in the future. The Town of Oceana now officially owns Kopperston PSD as of June 28, 2022. Kopperston PSD was paying the Town of Oceana to maintain the water for the PSD in […]
GHENT, WV (WVNS) — Multiple counties within our viewing area are dealing with power outages due to this afternoons storms. According to the American Electric Power Outage Map, four counties are dealing with more than 1,200 customers without power. These counties include McDowell, Wyoming, Fayette, and Raleigh Counties. The total number of customers without power […]
Here is a list of missing persons cases in West Virginia that remain unsolved.
OCEANA, WV (WVNS) – There’s a new chief of police in the town of Oceana and he’s a familiar face to many. Tyler Dunigon was named police chief this past February. Dunigon has worked for several departments in the county including the City of Mullens and the Towns of Pineville and Oceana. Dunigon also served with the […]
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.