Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in La Crosse, Florida? Contact your local utility company.
La Crosse Power Outages Caused by Weather
A Florida-bound storm has strengthened into Hurricane Nicole after pounding the Bahamas and state officials ordered evacuations that included former President Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago club. It’s a rare November hurricane
More Than 100,000 Power Outages, Buildings Damaged After Tornado and High Winds in Central Wisconsin | Weather Underground
Severe weather left a path of damage that included widespread power outages, downed trees and roofs blown off homes.
The number of power outages continues to come down after severe storms on Wednesday.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from La Crosse, Florida
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
La Crosse, Florida