Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in La Junta, Colorado? Contact your local utility company.
La Junta Power Outages Caused by Weather
Extreme winds hit 100 mph in Colorado Springs; 25,000-plus without power; trees, trucks toppled | Weather | gazette.com
A lot of cleanup and repair is in front of residents in the Colorado Springs area, and some won't have power in their homes overnight after brutal winds that hit
As we experience a massive wind event across southern Colorado, people served by San Isabel Electric can expect intermittent outages all day.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from La Junta, Colorado
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
La Junta, Colorado