Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in La Mesa, California? Contact your local utility company.
Power outage in Huntington Beach leaves as many as 15,700 Southern California Edison customers in the dark - Los Angeles Times
Residents reported hearing explosions and seeing flashes of blue light before everything went dark Sunday night.
For over 100 years, gasoline-powered vehicles have been on the streets of California, but it will not remain this way for much longer. On August 25, the California Air Resources Board voted to ban the sale of gasoline-powered cars by 2035. The law requires 35% of new car sales to be zero emission by 2026,...
Thousands Without Power In La Mesa - La Mesa-Mount Helix, CA - The outages were impacting more than 50,000 SDG&E? customers in the San Diego area, according to the company's outage map.
Power Outage Hits 1,550 Canyon Lake Homes - Lake Elsinore-Wildomar, CA - Canyon Lake air conditioners ground to a halt at 1:30 p.m. on a 95-degree Thursday afternoon.
Over 1,500 Lose Power In Rancho Palos Verdes: SCE - Palos Verdes, CA - 1,797 customers in Rancho Palos Verdes lost power Friday evening.
10,0000 customers of an electricity company —including two schools — in Virginia, USA, were left without power Wednesday morning after a squirrel came into contact with substation equipment. "The squirrel got between a circuit breaker and a transformer causing a power surge that made the transformer fail," Dominion Energy spokeswoman Bonita Billingsley Harris said.
The monsoon season may be over, but the storms aren't done yet. A Flood Watch is in effect across parts of Arizona as heavy rain, wind and thunderstorms are expected to move across the state.
The outage started just before 8 p.m., SDG&E said
Arizona storm causes a blackout, leaving residents vulnerable to nearly triple-digit heat wave | Fox News
An Arizona storm damaged 50 power poles in Bullhead City, knocking out power for most of the residents as they face a heat wave approaching triple-digit temperatures.
San Diego County -- alongside the rest of California -- successfully avoided rolling blackouts Tuesday night after Cal-ISO officials called for an Energy...
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from La Mesa, California
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
La Mesa, California
|Zip Codes||91941, 91942, 91943, 91944|