Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Lake Butler, Florida? Contact your local utility company.
Sunday's dramatic comeback win had Jackie on the edge of her seat, using some adult language, and proclaiming that we've just witnessed a 'new Minnesota miracle'
This recently opened mini-golf course was designed to be a visceral, intricately detailed experience that transports guests to a wholly unexpected location.
Control of Congress is still at stake, as votes continue to be counted in key races.
If you've listened to KIT news this month or if you've viewed the Yakima Police Department Twitter page you've heard about Traffic Tuesday.
Funny, sweet, or No? This trend has resurfaced in Orange County New York over the weekend.
Central Minnesota athletes competed at the CLC Girl’s Swim and Dive Championships this weekend.
A barn and a house in the Town of Owego are said to be a total loss following a fire October 19 that drew firefighters from Tioga and Broome counties.
HURRICANE IAN Live Blog: Ian Heads to South Carolina Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
We’re covering the impacts of Ian after it moved across the state of Florida causing damage in North Central Florida.
Hundreds of people facing power outages throughout North Central Florida following stormy weekend Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
Duke Energy is reporting nearly 400 households are stuck without power.?Newberry city officials say the Duke Substation that feeds power in the city is down, causing the outage there.? Clay Electric is seeing nearly 500 outages, with 200 coming from Alachua and 190 in Columbia county.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Lake Butler, Florida