Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Lake Fork, Idaho? Contact your local utility company.
Rocky Mountain Power reported a power outage affecting 2,017 Saratoga Springs citizens Sunday. The company estimates it will be resolved at 8:30 p.m.
Idaho Power asked customers to #LightentheLoad over social media Tuesday night, as current conditions across the west are leading to higher strain on the grid.
Students, staff and patients will not be able to wash hands or flush toilets until the repairs are done at the Veterans Affairs buildings.
A record-breaking heat wave has baked the West for days -- setting record high temperatures, fueling destructive wildfires and threatening rolling power shutoffs in California -- and it could last even longer due to the effects of a strengthening hurricane along Mexico's Pacific coast.
Rocky Mountain Power said there are urgent and necessary maintenance projects that require a planned outage in order to get done.
SALT LAKE CITY UTAH -- This morning, around 5:10 a.m., Rocky Mountain Power (RMP) was made aware of power outages in West Valley and Magna due
80,000 customers were knocked out before crews started re-routing power to substations in Morris and Sussex counties.
Power was reported still out to hundreds of NYSEG customers in Chenango County and Tioga County early August 5.
Customers in Ogden, Layton, Bluffdale, and Draper all experienced power outages due to strong winds.
Residences in central and southern Utah may face power outages this weekend, due to the elevated risk of wildfires, Rocky Mountain Power announced Thursday.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Lake Fork, Idaho