Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Lake Jackson, Texas? Contact your local utility company.
CenterPoint wants to add another $1.07 a month to electric bills to cover the costs of...
Two suspects in a home invasion shooting have been indicted and charged with capital murder.
Hurricane Ian knocked out power for millions in Florida. CBS News' Lana Zak and Tanya Rivero speak with Melissa Seixas, the Florida state president of Duke Energy, about efforts to restore power.
Jackson, Mississippi, water outage continues for fourth day - World Socialist Web Site facebook icon
After Jackson’s main water treatment facility had failed to operate Monday, the National Guard was deployed to assist in the distribution of bottled water as maintenance crews work round the clock to get the system back online.
Electric service to one of downtown Binghamton's tallest buildings was knocked out following a reported transformer explosion.
Storms swept through West Michigan Monday afternoon, prompting several severe thunderstorm warnings and tens of thousands of power outages.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Lake Jackson, Texas
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.