Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Landers, California? Contact your local utility company.
Florida Power & Light is working on restoration for 1.1 million customers | Latest Weather | yoursun.com
Florida Power & Light is trying to restore power to 1.1 million customers impacted by Hurricane Ian.
Wildfire updates: EWEB restores power, evacuation levels reduced
Follow our live coverage as expected east winds Friday and Saturday bring preparations and heightened wildfire concerns to Oregon.
California avoids rolling blackouts despite record power demand, but the brutal heat wave continues - CBS News
The state was on the verge of setting them in motion but officials credited residents' conservation with enabling utilities to meet the record-smashing demand.
Power returns to Austin airport after outage TDMN TDMN
Power was restored to Austin-Bergstrom International Airport after a lengthy outage Wednesday that delayed flights.
Nearly all power restored to customers after Dallas-Fort Worth floods, Oncor says TDMN TDMN
A day after thunderstorms brought floods to Dallas-Fort Worth Monday, nearly all power had been restored by Tuesday afternoon. As of 2 p.m., electric utility...
AEP Ohio not expecting major outages with storm on Wednesday | 10tv.com
Last month's storm packed winds so strong that AEP Ohio said it snapped nearly 500 of its power poles and downed more than 2,000 of its power lines.
WITH PLANNED 29 PALMS POWER OUTAGES THIS WEEK, COOLING CENTER OPENED - Z107.7 FM Joshua Tree
With multiple planned maintenance power outages by Southern California Edison expected in Twentynine Palms this week (July 18-July 22), the Senior Center
Internal email shows AEP Ohio didn't pre-position crews ahead of June storms | 10tv.com
PUCO is investigating AEP's response to the storm and plans to issue a report in several weeks.
AEP Ohio promises better communication with community in response to mass outages | 10tv.com
AEP donated $1.5 million to four local nonprofits to help people impacted by the power outages.
Ohio Lawmakers demand answers from AEP over outages | 10tv.com
Nine Ohio Democratic lawmakers signed a letter to AEP President and COO asking why and how the power outage happened.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.