Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Lead Hill, Arkansas? Contact your local utility company.
More than 10,000 Virginians lost power Wednesday in Virginia Beach after a squirrel got into a substation.
BRPROUD | Town of Amite City to have scheduled power outages next week Open Navigation Close Navigation
AMITE, Ms. (BRPROUD) – The Town of Amite City will have scheduled power outages starting on Sunday, Sept. 11. City officials say Entergy will be working throughout the town and power may be turned off. The tentative schedule begins on Sunday at midnight. The south area of town could experience a power outage from midnight […]
The California Independent System Operator declared an Energy Emergency Alert 2 and is expected to upgrade to an EEA 3 at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, only one step away from rotating power outages.
80,000 customers were knocked out before crews started re-routing power to substations in Morris and Sussex counties.
Hurricane Harbor and Wild Safari are operating as scheduled, according to a Six Flags spokeswoman.
A severe storm with damaging winds impacted Paris, Arkansas on Sunday, July 18 leaving behind downed trees, downed power lines, and a severely damaged electrical system.
More than 12,000 Ozarks Electric customers are without power on July 14.
Severe weather impacted OG&E' electric company's coverage area Friday morning leaving several power outages as well as wind and tree damage.
Power outage affecting polling location, election headquarters in Fayetteville Open Navigation Close Navigation
A power outage at the Washington County Courthouse could be impacting polling locations.
Summer blackouts could hit these US states, regulators warn | NewsNation Open Navigation Close Navigation Video Icon Video Icon Gallery Icon Video Icon Go Video Icon Video Icon Video Icon Video Icon Video Icon Video Icon Gallery Icon Video Icon Video Icon Video Icon Video Icon Video Icon Video Icon Video Icon Video Icon Video Icon Video Icon Video Icon Video Icon Video Icon Video Icon Video Icon Video Icon Video Icon Video Icon Video Icon Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube RSS Feed
The regulatory body found that large swathes of the U.S. and parts of Canada are at an elevated or high risk of energy shortfalls during the summer's hottest months.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.