Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Leander, Texas? Contact your local utility company.
Sgt. Busted For Selling Fentanyl + Power Outage Downtown + Free ?? - Austin, TX - The quickest way to get caught up on the most important things happening today in Austin.
Storms Cause Power Outage Downtown + Accused Scammer Indicted - Dallas, TX - The quickest way to get caught up on the most important things happening today in Dallas.
An equipment failure is blamed for the outage, which lasted more than three hours and led to dozens of canceled flights.
Power has been restored to over 2,000 Pedernales Electric Cooperative customers in Leander and Cedar Park after being without power for several hours for an unk
An Austin woman died from hypothermia during the blackout. Four months later, her husband died, too. | KUT Radio, Austin's NPR Station
Manjula Shah is included in the state’s official death count. Manjula's family says her husband of nearly 60 years should be, too. Researchers say there are many Texans missing from the official tally.
In response to a heat warning issued by the National Weather Service, League City Public Works is taking measures to keep the Dallas Salmon Wastewater Treatment Plant and other facilities running.
Power is now restored to thousands of people after two major outages were reported Sunday evening.
Texas’ grid operator told a power plant to delay repairs ahead of a May heat wave. It was among six that crashed. | KUT Radio, Austin's NPR Station
Climate change and other factors are shortening the window when aging Texas power plants can make repairs to run at full strength in hot summer months.
Widespread aftermath of tornado outbreak in Central Texas | KXAN Austin Open Navigation Close Navigation Close Details Close Details
Aftermath of tornado outbreak in Central Texas
ERCOT kept prices high during the blackout per the governor's instructions, former head says | KUT Radio, Austin's NPR Station
Gov. Greg Abbott's office has said he was "not involved in any way" with the decision. Testimony from the former head of the Electric Reliability Council of Texas appears to contradict that.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Leander, Texas
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.