Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Lebanon, Connecticut? Contact your local utility company.
See how your town voted on Election Day in Connecticut and get the latest updates as votes continue to be counted.
Power outages and heavy traffic are the result of a two-car crash at the intersection of Route 28 and Old Barnstable Road in Mashpee on Monday, October 10, at 10:55
Nearly 150 Duke Energy customers are without power in the Shoals Junction area as of Friday morning.
Downed trees and power lines are possible in the aftermath of Hurricane Ian. If you need to report an outage, here is who to call:
Florida Power & Light is working on restoration for 1.1 million customers | Latest Weather | yoursun.com
Florida Power & Light is trying to restore power to 1.1 million customers impacted by Hurricane Ian.
Want to see a modern nation torn apart by violence and reduced to feudalism? You really don't, but it could happen
SIERRA VISTA — A power outage affecting more than 2,000 customers in the vicinity of The Mall at Sierra Vista shortly after noon Friday, Sept. 2, occurred when a semi-truck
Due to the overnight power outages on Maui, several schools will be closed on Tuesday, Aug. 23.
80,000 customers were knocked out before crews started re-routing power to substations in Morris and Sussex counties.
Power was reported still out to hundreds of NYSEG customers in Chenango County and Tioga County early August 5.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Lebanon, Connecticut
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.