Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Lebanon, Maine? Contact your local utility company.
Power outages and heavy traffic are the result of a two-car crash at the intersection of Route 28 and Old Barnstable Road in Mashpee on Monday, October 10, at 10:55
Nearly 150 Duke Energy customers are without power in the Shoals Junction area as of Friday morning.
Florida Power & Light is working on restoration for 1.1 million customers | Latest Weather | yoursun.com
Florida Power & Light is trying to restore power to 1.1 million customers impacted by Hurricane Ian.
SIERRA VISTA — A power outage affecting more than 2,000 customers in the vicinity of The Mall at Sierra Vista shortly after noon Friday, Sept. 2, occurred when a semi-truck
80,000 customers were knocked out before crews started re-routing power to substations in Morris and Sussex counties.
Power was reported still out to hundreds of NYSEG customers in Chenango County and Tioga County early August 5.
Two transformer fires near Green Hill High School caused power outages for residents for about an hour Friday afternoon.
An unusual power outage on Saturday afternoon resulted in many downtown businesses closing early as searing temperatures neared triple digits.
Eastman released a "purple plume" of methyl iodide and iodine into the air and oil into the river on Friday amid the power outage and shutdown at the plant.
Xfinity reports widespread internet outage in Santa Fe, Los Alamos | Local News | santafenewmexican.com
Xfinity said the outage was caused by a truck pulling down utility lines Wednesday at Cerrillos Road and Richards Avenue.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.