Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Leesburg, Ohio? Contact your local utility company.
Updated report on Danville Power outages Open Navigation Close Navigation
The City of Danville has given an Ian situation report. They say the National Weather Service is saying Ian has continued to weaken, with the heaviest rain and strongest wind moving north. However, clouds and light rain may persist.
South Central Power restoring power to 20,000 people Open Navigation Close Navigation Close Modal
LANCASTER, Ohio (WCMH) — South Central Power Company is working to restore power to nearly 20,000 members experiencing an outage Friday after Winter Storm Landon spread across Ohio. With outages across 18 counties, South Central Power Company said in a Facebook post that some of its progress in restoring power “had been erased” after crews […]
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Report power outage in other Ohio cities.
Power out since 7 am in Lakes of Leesburg
Power out since 7 208 Rowland ave leesburg
No power since approximately 2:00 AM. 10-27-2018.
No power since 1:30 this afternoon and it's now 10pm.