Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Leesville, South Carolina? Contact your local utility company.
Leesville Power Outages Caused by Weather
UPDATE: Power outages continue as nearly 30K customers across Central, SWVA are left in the dark after winter storm brings snow, wind to the area | WFXRtv Open Navigation Close Navigation
UPDATE 5:45 p.m.: Appalachian Power says workers are continuing their efforts to restore power to customers still affected by outages. An Appalachian Power spokesperson tells WFXR News that since workers are still, in some cases, assessing the damage to their grid, restoration estimates cannot be accurately be determined. Crews outside will be dealing with poor […]
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Leesville, South Carolina
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Leesville, South Carolina
|State||South Carolina (SC)|