Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Lester Prairie, Minnesota? Contact your local utility company.
Lester Prairie Power Outages Caused by Weather
Tuesday night into Wednesday morning wind and rain tore through the metro, leaving thousands of people without power.
The National Weather Service says teams will be helping to assess the damage in Forada on Tuesday to determine just how strong the tornado was. Their teams will also be assessing damage across the state caused by Monday's storms.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Lester Prairie, Minnesota