Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Lilburn, Georgia? Contact your local utility company.
Lilburn Power Outages Caused by Weather
About '600 inmates' impacted from water leak stemmed power outage at Cobb County jail, officials say
Cobb County Sheriff's Office's Adult Detention Center officials said a water leak in a section of the facility caused a power outage that impacted about 600 inmates.
You can now track power outages, city projects and more with Lawrenceville's new Geographic Information System | News | gwinnettdailypost.com
Lawrenceville is now offering a new Geographic Information System (GIS) Hub that utilizes interactive maps and real-time information that help make finding resources a breeze, city officials announced this week.
Did you feel it? Small earthquake reported in metro Atlanta Monday morning – WSB-TV Channel 2 - Atlanta
Police in Lilburn say an accident on Lawrenceville Highway has caused more than just a traffic headache with electricity out for numerous residents.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Lilburn, Georgia
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.