Did you lose power?
According to an emergency alert, the outage area includes Belmont, Brooks, Liberty, Morrill, Palermo, Searsmont, and Stockton Springs.
MIDCOAST — The highly damaging storm that swept into the Midcoast has washed out roads and flooded basements nonstop since early morning, Oct. 31. Fire departments are out in full force responding to flooded roads in Appleton, Hope, Rockland,...
MIDCOAST - Strong winds caused power outages in pockets around the state Friday morning and early afternoon. According to Central Maine Power spokeswoman Gail Rice, 5,500 customers in the utility’s service area of Central and Southern Maine were...
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Lincolnville, Maine
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.