Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Lindsay, Texas? Contact your local utility company.
One racoon had made its way into a substation transformer, causing an outage Monday night that left residents in Seguin, population 30,000 in the dark.
Power was restored to Barbara Jordan Terminal at Austin-Bergstrom International Airport just before 8 a.m. Wednesday after travelers were left in the dark for two to three hours that morning.
The south area of Ames underwent a power outage starting around 8 a.m. Wednesday and lasting for roughly an hour before electric services restored it. Two substations at Mortensen Street and Veterinary Medicine experienced mechanical failures. Within a few minutes, Veterinary Medicine was restored with power. The Mortensen outages affected the area around the station....
A closer look at how electricity gets to customers in central Ohio.
UPDATE: Winter storm ices over Cooke County; state power grid holding up so far | News | gainesvilleregister.com
Feb. 3, 2022, 2:10 p.m.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Lindsay, Texas
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.