Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Line Lexington, Pennsylvania? Contact your local utility company.
7,266 FirstEnergy and AEP customers in Richland County enter weekend without power | Weather | richlandsource.com
Thousands of Richland County residents entered the weekend without electricity, despite published power company estimates that it would be restored by late Friday night.
Power is expected to be restored to FirstEnergy customers in Richland, Ashland, Marion counties, FirstEnergy reporting.
Nearly 60,000 power outages reported in north central Ohio after powerful storms | Weather | richlandsource.com
RICHLAND COUNTY -- Almost 60,000 customers were without power Tuesday morning across north central Ohio after powerful storms packing high winds roared through the area Monday night.
UPDATE: Power outages continue as nearly 30K customers across Central, SWVA are left in the dark after winter storm brings snow, wind to the area | WFXRtv Open Navigation Close Navigation
UPDATE 5:45 p.m.: Appalachian Power says workers are continuing their efforts to restore power to customers still affected by outages. An Appalachian Power spokesperson tells WFXR News that since workers are still, in some cases, assessing the damage to their grid, restoration estimates cannot be accurately be determined. Crews outside will be dealing with poor […]
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Line Lexington, Pennsylvania
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.