Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Linn, Missouri? Contact your local utility company.
Linn Power Outages Caused by Weather
Nearly 12,000 Lake Area Residents Lost Power Overnight: Here's What Ameren Is Saying | Lake of the Ozarks News | lakeexpo.com
LAKE OF THE OZARKS, Mo. — At approximately 4:30 a.m. on Friday, July 29, the power went out for nearly 12,000 residents in the Lake area.
Power outages reported across Mid-Missouri after early morning storms - ABC17NEWS circle-arrow Play Button Stop Button chevron-right chevron-left chevron-up search warning chevron-left-skinny chevron-right-skinny x clock calendar play-button cancel-circle user twitter facebook youtube instagram email linkedin
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Linn, Missouri
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.