Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Linn, Missouri? Contact your local utility company.
Nearly 12,000 Lake Area Residents Lost Power Overnight: Here's What Ameren Is Saying | Lake of the Ozarks News | lakeexpo.com
LAKE OF THE OZARKS, Mo. — At approximately 4:30 a.m. on Friday, July 29, the power went out for nearly 12,000 residents in the Lake area.
Power outages reported across Mid-Missouri after early morning storms - ABC17NEWS circle-arrow Play Button Stop Button chevron-right chevron-left chevron-up search warning chevron-left-skinny chevron-right-skinny x clock calendar play-button cancel-circle user twitter facebook youtube instagram email linkedin
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Linn, Missouri
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.