Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Livingston, Texas? Contact your local utility company.
Power outage at Austin airport leads to flight delays Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
An early morning power outage Wednesday at Austin-Bergstrom International Airport caused flight delays that continued even after electricity was restored.
BRPROUD | Thousands without power after lightning strikes electric equipment near Corporate Boulevard Open Navigation Close Navigation
BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — On Thursday afternoon, Entergy’s outage map reported thousands were left without power in East Baton Rouge Parish after storms. A spokesperson from Entergy said lightning struck and damaged electric equipment on a transmission pole near Corporate Boulevard and around 5,300 customers were affected from Baton Rouge Country Club to Bankers […]
Ever feel we are sometimes too reliant on technology?
Over 2,000 Entergy customers without power in Denham Springs, Walker due to equipment issue Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
Over 2,000 Entergy customers in Livingston Parish are without electricity Saturday, Feb. 19.
A few hundred in San Antonio still without power as temperatures climb above freezing | San Antonio News | San Antonio | San Antonio Current
After a bitterly cold 24 hours, the temperatures have finally crested above freezing in San Antonio. While local officials say the worst is over, power...
Tracking power outages in the Local 6 area | | WPSD Local 6
WPSD Local 6 is tracking power outages across the area.
It has been two weeks since Hurricane Ida caused widespread damage to Southeast Louisiana.
Texas power outage could linger, ERCOT officials say | The Texas Tribune Loading indicator Loading indicator Loading indicator Loading indicator Loading indicator Loading indicator Loading indicator Loading indicator Loading indicator Loading indicator Loading indicator
ERCOT says while it's working to restore power to residents — many of whom had been without it for multiple hours or longer as temperatures remained well below freezing — it was also aiming to avoid a complete shutdown of the grid, which is used by roughly 90% of the state.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Livingston, Texas
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.