Did you lose power?
Logan Power Outages Caused by Weather
Artists from Quinn Exhibit Part of Talk at Armenian Museum of America - The Armenian Mirror-Spectator
Many Orem residents were without power Thursday afternoon.
New Data Reveals 84% of Americans are Concerned About Growing Power Outages | State News | hjnews.com
A new survey from Goal Zero found that only 15% of Americans have a home backup solution, with 61% saying that they wish they had a reliable source of backup
Rocky Mountain Power reported a power outage affecting 2,017 Saratoga Springs citizens Sunday. The company estimates it will be resolved at 8:30 p.m.
Puerto Rico in blackout after Hurricane Fiona strikes, residents could be without power for 'several days' | Fox News
The entire island of Puerto Rico is without power as a result of Hurricane Fiona, and a power company says that it could be days before full power restoration occurs.
Residents of North Salt Lake housing community frustrated after days with no power | KSL.com KSL homepage KSL homepage Messages (0) account - logged out Support
Residents of a housing community said Thursday they had been without power for more than two days due to an issue potentially affecting dozens of units in the neighborhood.
Nearly 10,000 people were left without power in Minneapolis, Minnesota, on Sunday after a squirrel disrupted a power transmission, according to energy provider Xcel.
Arizona storm causes a blackout, leaving residents vulnerable to nearly triple-digit heat wave | Fox News
An Arizona storm damaged 50 power poles in Bullhead City, knocking out power for most of the residents as they face a heat wave approaching triple-digit temperatures.
Rocky Mountain Power customers concerned over planned outages during heatwave | KSL.com KSL homepage KSL homepage Messages (0) account - logged out Support
Rocky Mountain Power customers are expressing concern and wondering why the power company is planning hours-long outages right during the middle of a heatwave.
California's energy grid operator warned that heat would stress the grid days after state regulators moved to require all new vehicles run on electricity by 2035.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Logan, Utah
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
|Zip Codes||84321, 84322, 84323, 84341|