Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Lone Oak, Texas? Contact your local utility company.
Lisa Lopez, a struggling teen, heeded her father's advice and joined the Air Force Reserves.
If Texas Gov. Greg Abbott wins, Republicans continue their statewide dominance. If Democrat Beto O’Rourke pulls off a stunner and the Legislature remains...
CPS Energy customers receiving a credit from the City of San Antonio can now opt out and donate the credit to help neighbors in need.
Power was restored to Barbara Jordan Terminal at Austin-Bergstrom International Airport just before 8 a.m. Wednesday after travelers were left in the dark for two to three hours that morning.
FirstEnergy planned power outage to affect Hubbard Township customers Open Navigation Close Navigation
The date of a planned power outage from FirstEnergy in Hubbard has changed.
Thousands of CPS customers area experiencing energy outages in the San Antonio area as the Alamo City sees a change in weather with a bit of rain storms.
80,000 customers were knocked out before crews started re-routing power to substations in Morris and Sussex counties.
Hurricane Harbor and Wild Safari are operating as scheduled, according to a Six Flags spokeswoman.
Xcel Energy reports power outages in east Amarillo | KAMR - MyHighPlains.com Open Navigation Close Navigation
AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — According to the Xcel Energy Electric Outage Map, 10 outages have been reported with 532 customers experiencing power outages. According to the map, the biggest outage is in east Amarillo, near Rick Husband International Airport. As of 8:48 p.m, 507 customers are without power. According to the Rick Husband International Airport […]
ERCOT ISSUES WATCH, APPEALING FOR ENERGY CONSERVATION STATEWIDE; CPS ENERGY URGES CUSTOMERS TO CONSERVE ENERGY - CPS Energy Newsroom
Excessive Heat Warning is in effect until 8 p.m. today. ERCOT emphasized no system-wide outages are expected at this time.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Lone Oak, Texas