Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Long Island, Maine? Contact your local utility company.
A power outage party, belly laughs in N.Y., and axes made in Maine - The Boston Globe email Email to a Friend Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Print this Article View Comments Email to a Friend Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Print this Article View Comments
Travel news you can use.
Most Floridians got power back quickly after Ian. But for some the wait has just begun. - The Washington Post Comment on this story GiftOutline Loading... Loading...
Two weeks after Hurricane Ian, Florida utility operators report only a few thousand customers remain without power. Hard-hit areas like Fort Myers Beach will nonetheless be tough to repair.
The utility giant is positioned this fall to begin work on a project that will run two new 23-kilovolt power cables to Martha’s Vineyard, eliminating the need for diesel generators.
Florida Power & Light is working on restoration for 1.1 million customers | Latest Weather | yoursun.com
Florida Power & Light is trying to restore power to 1.1 million customers impacted by Hurricane Ian.
Nova Scotia Power says some customers in the province will be without power for multiple days. Peter Gregg, the company's president and CEO, made the comments at a Saturday afternoon briefing put on by Nova Scotia's Emergency Management Office.
Hurricane Fiona strengthened to a Category 4 storm on Wednesday, after killing at least four people in Puerto Rico and leaving the entire island without power.
Versant Power preparing for strong winds Release Date: 09-22-2022 ... | November 23, 2022
Electric service to one of downtown Binghamton's tallest buildings was knocked out following a reported transformer explosion.
Nearly 10,000 Maui residents are waking up without power on Tuesday, Aug. 23.
80,000 customers were knocked out before crews started re-routing power to substations in Morris and Sussex counties.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Long Island, Maine
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.