Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Longview, Texas? Contact your local utility company.
Longview Power Outages Caused by Weather
Soon you’ll be able to say goodbye to gas-powered generators and storage batteries if you want to power your home during a utility outage.
Birds in equipment cause power outage affecting 5,000 in College Station Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
CSU says birds got into equipment at the Dowling Road Substation
Henderson ISD moves middle school students to high school due to power outages Open Navigation Close Navigation
The City of Henderson released a statement Wednesday notifying residents of power outages across several city blocks.
Squirrels: How often do they cause power outages? | KETK.com | FOX51.com Open Navigation Close Navigation
More than 10,000 Virginians lost power Wednesday in Virginia Beach after a squirrel got into a substation.
Travelers were left in the dark for over two hours and counting at Austin-Bergstrom International Airport early Wednesday morning.
TYLER, Texas (KETK) - Recent storms left 1,693 without power in the East Texas area on Tuesday as of 8 a.m.
WebXtra: North Longview experiencing power outage Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
KLTV’s Jamey Boyum gives us a look at a SWEPCO lineman working to restore power in north Longview.
Most power has been restored across East Texas after more than 12,000 people were without power during the day on Wednesday. There are approximately 752 outages as of this writing.
More than 3,400 East Texans are without power after some rain moved through the area on Tuesday.
Vehicle hits power poles on Hwy 110 south of Whitehouse, causing grass fire, power outage Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
The fire crews responded and had to shut down through traffic in both directions while they awaited Oncor’s arrival.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Longview, Texas
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
|Zip Codes||75601, 75602, 75603, 75604, 75605, 75606, 75607, 75608, 75615|