Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Madison, Virginia? Contact your local utility company.
James Madison vs Old Dominion prediction, game preview, how to watch: Saturday, November 12
Here's what you need to know Wednesday about Hurricane Nicole for St. Lucie County.
Live updates on how Election Day 2022 is unfolding in Virginia
Noon update: Dominion Energy is reporting 25,946 customers without power in Virginia as of midday Saturday.
Snapped power poles possible cause of outage | WGNO.com Open Navigation Close Navigation Close Modal
WGNO crews went out to survey the outage and a broken power pole and the transformer laying in the street down West Napoleon.
MPD: Intoxicated driver crashes causes multiple power outages Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
Alliant Energy crews spent hours working to restore power for multiple homes.
Rollover crash in El Cajon leaves one person with serious injuries; causes power outages - The San Diego Union-Tribune
El Cajon police and fire authorities were on the scene of a crash at East Madison Avenue and North Second Street Wednesday night
Squirrels: How often do they cause power outages? | WHNT.com Open Navigation Close Navigation Close Modal
More than 10,000 Virginians lost power Wednesday in Virginia Beach after a squirrel got into a substation.
Crews responded immediately and most of those customers had service by 6:10 p.m.
Power outage at Austin airport leads to flight delays Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
An early morning power outage Wednesday at Austin-Bergstrom International Airport caused flight delays that continued even after electricity was restored.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Madison, Virginia
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.