Did you lose power?
Mahwah Power Outages Caused by Weather
Ever feel we are sometimes too reliant on technology?
How Much Snow Fell In Bergen County? Weather, Power Outage Update - Mahwah, NJ - The powerful winter storm that is slamming the northeast did not bring as much snow to northern Jersey as it did to other parts of NJ.
Congressman Frank Pallone has sent a letter to the president of Jersey Central Power & Light, demanding that the utility offer detailed explanations about outages that affected his district on Jan. 17, 21 and 26.
As a result, traffic is at a stop-and-go pace on Route 287 south and farther down on Route 17, according to NJ 511's traffic map.
Meteorologist Dan Zarrow said the worst of the storm is behind us although there will be one more surge of rain and gusty winds on Tuesday night.
Bergen County: Over 100K Without Power After Isaias Pummels NJ - Mahwah, NJ - Over 100,000 are without power Wednesday morning as county municipalities work to clear trees and downed wires.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Mahwah, New Jersey
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Mahwah, New Jersey
|New Jersey (NJ)