Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Maidens, Virginia? Contact your local utility company.
No news found.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Maidens, Virginia
We are sharing these resources with the #Goochland community as everyone recovers from the winter storm. A coupl… https://t.co/TolFzxIycZ
Good Advice from @VDEM! Make sure to charge phones and electronics in case of power outages. https://t.co/Rqwcx4neX7
Charge your devices! Make plans to operate in a power outage. If you plan to use a generator, do so in a safe mann… https://t.co/qNoVr35BKG
If you experience a power outage, quickly report it through the new @DominionEnergy app. https://t.co/Ncsa9gq9Bm
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Report power outage in other Virginia cities.