Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Malabar, Florida? Contact your local utility company.
Our live updates keep you up to date on everything going on surrounding Tropical Storm Nicole on Florida's East Coast.
Our live updates keep you up to date on everything going on surrounding Hurricane Ian on Florida's Coast.
Most restaurants across the Space Coast closed Wednesday and Thursday as Hurricane Ian approached Florida; these have plans to remain open
7,266 FirstEnergy and AEP customers in Richland County enter weekend without power | Weather | richlandsource.com
Thousands of Richland County residents entered the weekend without electricity, despite published power company estimates that it would be restored by late Friday night.
It's the primary question still on the minds and tongues of thousands of north central Ohio residents on Wednesday morning: When will my power be back on?
Four teenagers were shot after a fight broke out at a large open house party in Malabar late Saturday, the Brevard County Sheriff's Office said.
Power outages reported earlier in Palm Bay
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Malabar, Florida
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.