Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Mandeville, Louisiana? Contact your local utility company.
Baker Municipal Offices open following power outage Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
Business can be conducted virtually, officials say.
Thousands without power Wednesday afternoon Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
Entergy is reporting power outages for thousands of its customers Wednesday afternoon, July 6.
1,200 Entergy customers in Baton Rouge impacted by planned power outage Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
At least 1,200 Entergy customers were impacted by a planned power outage following a car crash in Baton Rouge on Friday, June 24.
Power restored to Entergy customers impacted by damaged equipment on Corporate Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
Thousands of Entergy customers in Baton Rouge’s Bocage subdivision and University Club were without power late Thursday afternoon.
A tornado watch is in effect until 9 p.m.
Another line of thunderstorms is expected to hit South Louisiana this Wednesday, just over a week after an EF-3 tornado touched down in New Orleans and wreaked havoc on the town of Arabi in St. Bernard Parish.
Over 2,000 Entergy customers without power in Denham Springs, Walker due to equipment issue Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
Over 2,000 Entergy customers in Livingston Parish are without electricity Saturday, Feb. 19.
Car hits utility pole near Hartley-Vey Park, causes power outage along Burbank Drive Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
More than 5,000 customers in the area of Burbank Drive were temporarily left without power after a car hit a utility pole Saturday evening
A week after Hurricane Ida blew through the region, toppling trees and power lines, 81 percent of Cleco customers in St. Tammany Parish have their power back on, the utility
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Mandeville, Louisiana
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.