Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Manly, Iowa? Contact your local utility company.
Tracking power outages: More than 2,200 lose power in northern Iowa | Weather | kimt.com
A large chunk of those customers were in the southern part of Mason City.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Manly, Iowa
Tens of millions in California are dealing with flooding and power outages after a series of massive storms hit the… https://t.co/0TOB3WoTSh
Tens of millions of Americans endured bone-chilling temperatures, blizzard conditions, power outages and canceled h… https://t.co/w7Y8RKLvvg
With wind gusts briefly reaching 50 to 60 mph across the state today, isolated tree damage and power outages are po… https://t.co/t3BpAr373H
A power outage at Universal Studios Hollywood left nearly a dozen people stranded on a ride for hours. https://t.co/k1s4GNGQaD
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.