Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Manteca, California? Contact your local utility company.
According to Comcast officials, repeat vandalism has damaged fiber cables near French Camp impacting internet and television services in the city of Stockton.
Also: Oregon utility’s power use, emissions intensity soars after Amazon moves in
Thousands in Lodi lose power unnecessarily due to miscommunication between power agencies | News | lodinews.com
A communication error between two energy agencies caused nearly 1,400 customers in Lodi to lose power for 45 minutes Tuesday night.
Residents in Georgetown said they are beyond frustrated with power outages during the heat wave.
Starting today, the City of Lathrop will be opening a cooling center to give residents a safe place to beat the heat as the mercury soars across the Western United States. Manteca will open its cooling center on Friday, Sept, 2, and plans to keep it open through Tuesday, Sept, 6 from 1 to 9 p.m. each day. The Manteca cooling center will be at the Manteca Transit Center, 220 Moffat Boulevard on Friday Saturday, Monday, and Tuesday. On Sunday, the cooling center will be at the Manteca Senior Center 295 Cherry Lane.
Dark, hot summer is coming California’s way courtesy of the powers that be in Sacramento - Manteca Bulletin
California’s future is dark. And don’t blame this one on PG&E.
Map: Current and Planned PG&E Power Outages in Northern California | KQED Search-Icon KQED Save Article Save Article Share-FB Share-Twitter Share-Email KQED KQED
Latest power outages in California.
The biggest concern Manteca leaders are facing prepping for a potential PG&E induced emergency that could cut power to the city up to five days during extreme fire conditions is the real possibility of heat-caused illness and deaths.
A suspected drunken driver was arrested Wednesday afternoon after a car crash near N. Main Street and E. Louise Avenue, Manteca police said.
Those living in River Islands and hoping that the power supplied by the Lathrop Irrigation District will save them from potential widespread PG&E outages this summer may just be out of luck.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Manteca, California
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.