Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Marlton, New Jersey? Contact your local utility company.
The large hail pelted portions of South Jersey on Friday, according to reports from the National Weather Service and photos posted on social media.
Two main themes emerged from NJ Transit's first webinar to create a sustainability plan, more service and abandon a gas power plant plan.
Congressman Frank Pallone has sent a letter to the president of Jersey Central Power & Light, demanding that the utility offer detailed explanations about outages that affected his district on Jan. 17, 21 and 26.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Marlton, New Jersey
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.