Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Martha, Oklahoma? Contact your local utility company.
Martha Power Outages Caused by Weather
Should a chartered bus of unauthorized immigrants and asylum seekers arrive in neighboring PA from Texas — New Jersey is poised to lend support.
Control of Congress is still at stake, as votes continue to be counted in key races.
Authorities filed charges against five women who worked at Vineland Infant Toddler Center, amid allegations of force feeding and physical assault involving several young children.
MOUNT VERNON -- It's the question many Knox County residents want answers to Wednesday, as a heat wave moves in and thousands remain without electricity following Monday night's storm:
A power outage Tuesday affected nearly 7,700 Rocky Mountain Power customers, shutting down some businesses and stoplights.
POWER OUTAGES: Here is an interactive map to see if your area is affected | Plano Star Courier | starlocalmedia.com
With this latest winter storm dropping a coat of ice and sleet on North Texas overnight, power outages are always a concern. Stay up to date with the Oncor map
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.