Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Martinsville, Texas? Contact your local utility company.
Fists fly between late model stock car drivers at Martinsville race: 'I started Mike Tyson-ing his head'
The late model stock car series is sanctioned by NASCAR Roots.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Martinsville, Texas
After an unexpected neighborhood power outage, we are back open! @SFAQuestions https://t.co/63LOCsfuUa
Legislature begins hearings over power outages https://t.co/HUs1XgiER6 Story by Josh Edwards at @dailysentinel wi… https://t.co/AYwv0OlbSN
Due to winter weather and power outages across the state, we have made the decision to cancel our meeting for tomor… https://t.co/E2mhNHj2zL
Chamber Events Postponed Due to dangerous road conditions and widespread power outages and expectations for continu… https://t.co/QuhqU00SRD
I'm in a blue state, it's real cold, my lights are still on, and I know what a nine day power outage and what the t… https://t.co/Xq2ACAHzk1
I wonder where the "immigrants" are staying warm with all of the power outages here in the south? I bet Biden has… https://t.co/KYciljUi2j
ONCOR: Emergency Update - The Texas power system is currently facing an unprecedented shortfall of electric generat… https://t.co/6G49BKm2Vz
RT @mt_stjohn: Laura went east and all we got was rain and 20 mph winds. Of course Deep East Texas electric coop had to have a sympathy po…
Laura went east and all we got was rain and 20 mph winds. Of course Deep East Texas electric coop had to have a sympathy power outage....
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.