Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Maryville, Illinois? Contact your local utility company.
Power outages continue across Edwardsville
The power outages around the Edwardsville area on Tuesday, especially on and around Main...
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Maryville, Illinois
Edwardsville, IL (2:56 AM) Grid Power Outage Event >> The Ting Network detected an Electric Utility Grid Power Outa… https://t.co/tKEzV0lrTP
The recent cold snap and winter storms in 2/3rds of the USA have put a strain on power grids. https://t.co/cucoM3Ly2S
Granite City, IL (12:04 AM) Grid Power Outage Event >> The Ting Network detected an Electric Utility Grid Power Out… https://t.co/Bt7xiNt2Gi
Fairview Heights, IL (1:50 PM) Grid Power Outage Event >> The Ting Network detected an Electric Utility Grid Power… https://t.co/L20c4nywF1
Troy, IL (1:06 PM) Grid Power Outage Event >> The Ting Network detected an Electric Utility Grid Power Outage event… https://t.co/uhCRHRUBQR
REMINDER: Several power outages remain in MetroEast. PLEASE be patient, use added caution, and treat ALL dark signa… https://t.co/2Mp0eXsXm6
Edwardsville, IL (4:00 AM) Grid Power Outage Event >> The Ting Network detected an Electric Utility Grid Power Outa… https://t.co/ZpaFd8WBlL
Edwardsville, IL (2:18 PM) Grid Power Outage Event >> The Ting Network detected an Electric Utility Grid Power Outa… https://t.co/hPLvvUYYxz
Our phone lines are currently down due to a power outage. We currently have Ameren working on this issue. We will a… https://t.co/sm2qOnyFj5
RT @ElsaJones1726: Could Venezuela's Power Outage Really Be A Cyber Attack? via @forbes https://t.co/sco8kOBQsv
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Report power outage in other Illinois cities.
Westmorland and Kenmark subdivisions still out at 9:35 pm since just after 6:00.
Power out 37801 about 2310
Power out . I'm north of the college. It went out about 8:20 P here . No problem earlier this evening.
Power out in 37804 last hr