Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Mascoutah, Illinois? Contact your local utility company.
No news found.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Mascoutah, Illinois
@LivMaddix @crousselle Woman of culture, truly. Hope the holidays are treating you well, power outage notwithstanding.
Belleville, IL (8:47 PM) Grid Power Outage Event >> The Ting Network detected an Electric Utility Grid Power Outage… https://t.co/3xScIOgxmK
@149311_7 Can’t bro.. even if u stock up, Illinois is scheduled to have rolling power outages lol shit is about to get brazy
@FuZZ76 Hi! Most often outages during bad weather aren't due to rain, but rather to equipment damage or power outag… https://t.co/Tpsr2IA9Nz
Mascoutah, IL (8:03 AM) Grid Power Outage Event >> The Ting Network detected an Electric Utility Grid Power Outage… https://t.co/sWDLmOMdwC
New Baden, IL (1:10 AM) Grid Power Outage Event >> The Ting Network detected an Electric Utility Grid Power Outage… https://t.co/eHxsYk9BZx
@US_TRANSCOM, and our component @AirMobilityCmd, continue to support @fema and @USNorthernCmd emergency response ef… https://t.co/XRA566a0F0
Severe thunderstorm causes power outages in multiple metro-east cities https://t.co/uEfjQzK5s4
@InfamousKev_ @IHOLDSHIFT Power outage he said
When preparing for a power outage, invest in surge protectors. #homesafety #lifetips https://t.co/rvSeS8WX0C https://t.co/I00KEyJYM8
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Report power outage in other Illinois cities.