Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Matador, Texas? Contact your local utility company.
Report an Outage(877) 373-4858 Report Online
Report an Outage(800) 895-1999 Report Online
South Plains Electric Cooperative
Report an Outage(888) 741-0111 Report Online
Lighthouse Electric Coop, Inc
Report an Outage
How George Yates Aims to Help Solve Europe's Energy Crisis - D Magazine
At a time when the world needs him most, the third-generation oilman and HEYCO Energy Group CEO comes off the sidelines to bring industry innovations across the pond.
Nov 1, 2022
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Report power outage in other Texas cities.