Did you lose power?
30 posts published by Dennis Symons during November 2022
JCP&L: Power Restored After Outage In Red Bank Area - Red Bank-Shrewsbury, NJ - Power was out for about one hour late Tuesday morning in parts of Fair Haven, Red Bank, Rumson and Little Silver, but has been restored.
Power Outage From Downed Tree In Marlboro Affected 540 JCP&L Customers - Marlboro-Coltsneck, NJ - At about 8 a.m. Tuesday, police reported that Boundary Road was partially closed from the downed tree that also pulled down power lines.
1,233 Middletown Homes, 2 Schools Lose Power Due To Downed Wire - Middletown, NJ - Both Bayshore Middle School and Leonardo Elementary School have been without power for the past hour:
Verizon Fios Outage Reported In Holmdel - Holmdel-Hazlet, NJ - Infrastructure damage from railroad crossing work on Centerville Road has interrupted service, township says.
Power Outages From Damage At Two Substations Hit Howell, Farmingdale - Howell, NJ - JCP&L no sooner restored power Tuesday from a blown fuse at Farmingdale Substation when Larrabee Substation in Howell had a blown fuse, too.
Power Outage Hits 1,300 In Red Bank Wednesday - Red Bank-Shrewsbury, NJ - JCP&L says contractor work on a substation caused damage, resulting in the mid-day outage.
Power Outage Briefly Closes Oceanic Bridge In Rumson/Middletown - Rumson-Fair Haven, NJ - An alert went out that a power outage closed the Oceanic Bridge over the Navesink River about noon Monday, but power was restored by 1 p.m.
Ever feel we are sometimes too reliant on technology?
Congressman Frank Pallone has sent a letter to the president of Jersey Central Power & Light, demanding that the utility offer detailed explanations about outages that affected his district on Jan. 17, 21 and 26.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Matawan, New Jersey
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.