Did you lose power?
Electric vehicles took a major step forward in 2022, establishing themselves as mainstream options. Still, some top-notch models stand apart.
Share holiday meals with relatives, friends, and neighbors, but don’t invite foodborne illnesses to the table. That’s why your West Central Florida County Health Departments serving Citrus, Hardee, Hernando, Highlands, Hillsborough, Manatee, Pasco, Pinellas, Polk and Sarasota counties want to ensure your holiday feast is one to remember for all the right reasons.
Voting goes mostly smoothly on Election Day as baseless fraud claims swirl | CNN Politics Close icon Politics
State and local elections officials said Tuesday's voting in the midterm elections went smoothly overall, with a few isolated problems reported, including in the key swing state of Arizona where issues with voting machines sparked baseless claims about fraud.
New Utah storm may produce over 2 feet of mountain snow; power companies brace for outages | KSL.com KSL homepage KSL homepage Messages (0) account - logged out Support
Utah's largest power provider is bracing for possible weather-related outages with more rain, snow and wind headed toward the state.
Things to know for the Nov. 8 midterm election in Wisconsin Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
Voters in Wisconsin will choose a governor and a U.S. Senator. Polls indicate the big races are going to be very close.
Avista announced that it is ready for the strong winds that are forecasted to blow through the power company's Washington and Idaho service area.Full leafy tree
27 power poles knocked down in early morning windstorm leaves customers in the dark - East Idaho News
Another 2,500 customers are out in Somerset County.
U.S. Energy Information Administration - EIA - Independent Statistics and Analysis Daily U.S. summer nuclear capacity outages were 19% lower this summer than last summer - Today in Energy - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)
Energy Information Administration - EIA - Official Energy Statistics from the U.S. Government
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.