Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Meadow Valley, California? Contact your local utility company.
A power outage in the city of Oneonta is expected to last until late tonight, and may affect publication of The Daily Star for Tuesday.
A power outage left 2,105 PG&E customers in the dark Monday afternoon.
While a preventative power outage, or PSPS, is not likely during this storm, power outages due to wind are possible; here's what to know
As of Tuesday night, there were currently 26 Nevada County PG&E customers without power
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Meadow Valley, California
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Meadow Valley, California