Did you lose power?
A National Grid representative confirms to NEWS10 major equipment failure at the East Greenbush substation caused a power outage affecting more than 13,000 customers around 6 p.m. Sunday evening.
NYSEG and RG&E Announce “Reliable Energy New York” Plans
Nine thousand Central Hudson utility customers in Ulster County woke Monday to the third...
State of emergency in Kingston after winter storm causes massive power outage Open Navigation Close Navigation
The City of Kingston is currently dealing with a big power outage that is resulting in about 40% of Central Hudson customers being without power. According to the Central Hudson power outage map, over 20,000 customers are affected by the power outage in Kingston.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Mechanicville, New York
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Mechanicville, New York
|State||New York (NY)|