Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Melbourne, Florida? Contact your local utility company.
Melbourne Power Outages Caused by Weather
The storm had the potential to bring 6 to 8 inches of rain to the Space Coast. But rainfall totals actually were in the 2.3-inch to 4.9-inch range.
Our live updates keep you up to date on everything going on surrounding Tropical Storm Nicole on Florida's East Coast.
Ascension Catholic school closed after traffic crash cuts power
A Florida mother has been arrested after allegedly threatening to blow up an elementary school in Melbourne because she says they weren't going to allow her to pick up her child.
Hurricane Ian updates: Gov. Ron DeSantis will give an update on the efforts made in the wake of Hurricane Ian’s devastation in Florida from the state Emergency Operations Center in Tallahassee on Friday morning.
HURRICANE IAN UPDATE: Road Closures, Power Outages Plague Brevard County Residents - Space Coast Daily
Outages more than doubled since Hurricane Ian made landfall along the Gulf coast of Florida on Wednesday afternoon.
Tropical Storm Ian became Hurricane Ian once again late Thursday as it heads toward the Carolinas. What to know about its impacts in Florida.
TCPalm has staff across Fort Pierce and Port St. Lucie to provide updates on Tropical Storm Ian’s impact Thursday to St. Lucie County.
Updates on roadways, closures, response efforts, power outages.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Melbourne, Florida
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
|Zip Codes||32901, 32902, 32904, 32912, 32919, 32934, 32935, 32936, 32940, 32941|