Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Mendham, New Jersey? Contact your local utility company.
Election 2022: Christine Serrano Glassner For Mendham Borough Mayor - Mendham-Chester, NJ - Incumbent Christine Serrano Glassner tells Patch why she's seeking reelection as Mendham Borough Mayor.
Roxbury gets action from JCP&L
JCP&L spokesman faces heat from Roxbury officials over Labor Day weekend outage | Roxbury Register News | newjerseyhills.com
ROXBURY TWP. – The Township Council has called JCP&L on the carpet, literally, following Labor Day weekend power outages in Landing that lasted as long as 24 hours.
Over 2K Without Power In Morris County After Transformer Fire - Long Valley, NJ - 2,453 customers are without electricity in Morris County, according to JCP&L. Over 2,200 residences are out of power in Mount Olive.
Hundreds Without Power In Morris Co. Amid Heat Wave - Morristown, NJ - More than 26,000 homes are without electricity Tuesday afternoon.
Ever feel we are sometimes too reliant on technology?
Congressman Frank Pallone has sent a letter to the president of Jersey Central Power & Light, demanding that the utility offer detailed explanations about outages that affected his district on Jan. 17, 21 and 26.
Weather Brings Accident, Power Outages To Long Valley: Mayor - Long Valley, NJ - Mayor Matt Murello's morning update following the storm reported a car accident took out a pole, causing a power outage for some residents.
Jolted Squirrel Takes Down Chester Main Street Power Line - Mendham-Chester, NJ - A squirrel touched an electrical line on Sunday, resulting in power outages and traffic diverted away from the downed wire.
Mendham, Chester Could See 4 Inches Of Rain From Ida's Effects - Mendham-Chester, NJ - Mendham and Chester are bracing for Ida's impacts, alerting residents of the potential of flooding and power outages.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Mendham, New Jersey
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Mendham, New Jersey
|State||New Jersey (NJ)|