Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Mercedes, Texas? Contact your local utility company.
Mercedes Power Outages Caused by Weather
Most Floridians got power back quickly after Ian. But for some the wait has just begun. - The Washington Post Comment on this story GiftOutline Loading... Loading...
Two weeks after Hurricane Ian, Florida utility operators report only a few thousand customers remain without power. Hard-hit areas like Fort Myers Beach will nonetheless be tough to repair.
Eighty-four percent of Americans are worried about power outages – here's how they feel about addressing blackouts with backup power.
Some of the world’s largest banks are dusting down their lockdown contingency plans to guard against possible power outages in London this winter.
South Africa’s government is bracing for more frequent and longer electricity outages as the state-owned power utility’s aged and poorly maintained plants continue to deteriorate.
Elon Musk Says More Tesla Solar & Batteries Are Needed In California Amid Record Heat Wave & Power Outages | Torque News
California is currently experiencing record heat waves and a record electricity demand with authorities warning residents to prepare for rolling blackout. And in response, Elon Musk says the state needs more solar panels & stationary batteries to deal with the current situation.
Every six hours the power goes off in Kosovo. It’s the first country on the continent to suffer rolling outages as the energy crisis escalates.
Ireland’s power grid warned of tight electricity supplies for a second day, raising the risk of power cuts as concerns mount over energy shortages this winter.
MERCEDES, Texas (ValleyCentral) — Over 4,000 residents were reported without power across the RGV after outages, according to an outage map posted by AEP. AEP Texas reported that crews were addressing a power outage that has left 1,500 residents in the Mercedes area without power. The estimated restoration time is 1:30 p.m. but is possible […]
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Mercedes, Texas
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.