Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Mercer Island, Washington? Contact your local utility company.
Another 2,500 customers are out in Somerset County.
Ever feel we are sometimes too reliant on technology?
Large Verizon Outage Resolved After Impacting Washington Customers - Seattle, WA - Nationwide issues with Verizon's cell network impacted service for customers in Washington and much of the U.S. on Wednesday.
Power Restored To Thousands In Southeast Seattle After Brief Outage - Seattle, WA - More than 5,000 homes and businesses briefly lost power in parts of southeast Seattle on Wednesday due to a substation equipment failure.
As Windy Weather Rolls In, WA Warned To Prepare For Power Outages - Seattle, WA - Wind is coming, and with it comes power outages. Here are a few tips to prepare from Seattle City Light.
Congressman Frank Pallone has sent a letter to the president of Jersey Central Power & Light, demanding that the utility offer detailed explanations about outages that affected his district on Jan. 17, 21 and 26.
651 Still Without Power In Lakewood: PSE - Lakewood-JBLM, WA - Approximately 651 Lakewood customers are still without power as the worst of the storm recedes.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Mercer Island, Washington
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Mercer Island, Washington