Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Merritt Island, Florida? Contact your local utility company.
The storm had the potential to bring 6 to 8 inches of rain to the Space Coast. But rainfall totals actually were in the 2.3-inch to 4.9-inch range.
Our live updates keep you up to date on everything going on surrounding Tropical Storm Nicole on Florida's East Coast.
HURRICANE IAN UPDATE: More than 7,500 Brevardian Out of Power, See Power Outage Graphic - Space Coast Daily
Outages more than doubled since Hurricane Ian made landfall along the Gulf coast of Florida on Wednesday afternoon.
It was downgraded to tropical storm, but still brought heavy rainfall, left about a third of FPL customers without electricity for a time.
Most restaurants across the Space Coast closed Wednesday and Thursday as Hurricane Ian approached Florida; these have plans to remain open
It turns out that while solar systems can generate as much power as most homes consume on bright, sunny days, they cannot be relied upon to consistently produce the amounts that we need.
Hundreds of thousands of people will be on Florida's Space Coast to get the best view of the historic Artemis l launch on Saturday. There are several places to grab Instagram-worthy pics of the liftoff, but one farm in Brevard County is offering a unique viewing experience while playing with animals!
A pedestrian was killed in a crash involving two vehicles in Brevard County on Friday morning, according to the Florida Highway Patrol.
Two candidates running for office for the first time, retired school resource officer Shawn Overdorf and Cocoa police officer Chris Hattaway, both revealed details of phone calls they had with Brevard County’s top lawman, Sheriff Wayne Ivey.
Two children were struck by lightning in Brevard County on Friday. First responders raced to the scene at a home on Via Salerno Court in Merritt Island where they treated and transported the victims.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Merritt Island, Florida
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Merritt Island, Florida
|32952, 32953, 32954