Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Merry Hill, North Carolina? Contact your local utility company.
Sometimes Ayn Rand is misunderstood as an opponent of charitable giving, so intensely selfish that she couldn’t countenance one person doing a good thing for another. Her hero in Atlas Shrugged, John Galt, tells Dagny Taggart, “I’ll warn you now that there is one word which is forbidden in this valley: the word ‘give.’”
POLITICO Playbook: Early vote surges, but Dems worry about the map - POLITICO POLITICO Search Search Close
And China is beating the U.S. in the diplomacy war.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Merry Hill, North Carolina
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.