Did you lose power?
CALGARY, Alberta (AP) — Fabian Zetterlund scored his second goal of the game 2:38 into...
$28 Million Enhanced Swimming River Water Treatment Plant in Colts Neck Revealed. | Holmdel & Colts Neck, NJ News TAPinto
$28 Million Enhanced Swimming River Water Treatment Plant in Colts Neck Revealed.
Indelible Memories, Lessons Learned: Superstorm Sandy, 10 Years Later - Toms River, NJ - The storm changed the face of the Jersey Shore and changed lives all over NJ. Patch takes a look back for the 10th anniversary of the storm.
Police Tase, Shoot Man In Route 35 Carjacking In Holmdel: Reports - Holmdel-Hazlet, NJ - Unofficial reports say a man was injured, hospitalized after a carjacking in Holmdel. Route 35 in Holmdel still partially closed.
The most shared negative experience from the October 2012 storm was the loss of power, which lasted several days for many Garden Staters.
JCP&L: Power Restored After Outage In Red Bank Area - Red Bank-Shrewsbury, NJ - Power was out for about one hour late Tuesday morning in parts of Fair Haven, Red Bank, Rumson and Little Silver, but has been restored.
Your complete guide to our statewide football coverage for Sept. 15-17.
Power Outage From Downed Tree In Marlboro Affected 540 JCP&L Customers - Marlboro-Coltsneck, NJ - At about 8 a.m. Tuesday, police reported that Boundary Road was partially closed from the downed tree that also pulled down power lines.
1,233 Middletown Homes, 2 Schools Lose Power Due To Downed Wire - Middletown, NJ - Both Bayshore Middle School and Leonardo Elementary School have been without power for the past hour:
Power Outage Hits 1,300 In Red Bank Wednesday - Red Bank-Shrewsbury, NJ - JCP&L says contractor work on a substation caused damage, resulting in the mid-day outage.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Middletown, New Jersey
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.