Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Milford, Massachusetts? Contact your local utility company.
The Folk Show's listing of concerts, dances and events in and around our listening area.
The Folk Show's listing of open mics, dances and shows in and around our listening area.
20K Lose Power In Worcester During Evening Thunderstorms - Worcester, MA - About a quarter of all National Grid customers in Worcester had lost power as of 6 p.m. Tuesday.
Power outages were reported by Eversource and United Illuminating after a storm brought lightning and strong winds blew tree limbs down.
April nor'easter drops more than a foot of snow, knocks power out for thousands NBC News Logo Search Search NBC News Logo MSNBC Logo Today Logo
A spring nor'easter has dropped at least a foot of snow on parts of New York and Pennsylvania, leading to power outages and closures of businesses and schools.
The nor’easter’s heavy snow is expected to continue through the day on Saturday....
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Milford, Massachusetts
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.